WHO WE ARE
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is a regional African-led non-governmental organisation that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living. With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Somalia, and Kenya, AAH-I has over 20 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalised communities including pastoralists and urban slum dwellers.
Our VISION is improved quality of life for livelihood-challenged communities in Africa.
Our MISSION is to support livelihood-challenged communities in Africa to sustainably improve their quality of life.
Our CORE VALUES:
• Compassion for livelihood-challenged communities
• Community-centred sustainable solutions
• Respect for all stakeholders
• Partnership with shared responsibilities
• Integrity in all that we do
• Efficiency in resource utilisation
• Innovation in programming
Our current five-year strategy (2014-2018) will focus on the following five strategic objectives:
• Developing, promoting and implementing innovative entrepreneurial and sustainable livelihood programmes.
• Designing and delivering sustainable basic services in partnership with livelihood-challenged communities.
• Facilitating humanitarian relief and recovery programmes for displaced and returnee populations to attain sustainable solutions.
• Strengthening the capacity of implementing partners for sustained service delivery and governance.
• Enhancing the capacity, efficiency, effectiveness and learning of AAH-I to innovatively deliver its Mission.
CROSS CUTTING issues
In all its programming, AAH-I aims to mainstream the following crosscutting issues:
• Gender equality and equity
• Population management and family health