AAH Uganda works to ensure young people of school age have optimal access to quality education in a protected environment.
Activities include building classrooms to alleviate congestion and provide better learning environments and lobbying relevant authorities to increase the overall percentage of trained teachers in the settlement.
In partnership with district education authorities, AAH Uganda carries out regular joint schools inspection visits to monitor attendance, punctuality, sanitation and conduct teacher support supervision.
AAH Uganda’s work in schools also encompasses:
· professional development for teachers,
· increasing attendance through community sensitisation,
· school feeding program to ensure good nutrition,
· co-curricular activities like sports, drama, music, debating,
· adolescent health clinics.