The project was designed to promote adoption and scaling up of production of the high-yielding NERICA technology with the long-term goal to increase food productivity and therefore food security and household income in chronically food insecure communities.
Among the activities funded by the project AAH Uganda:
· formed farmers’ groups in Gulu and Amuru districts to act as adoption platforms,
· carried out regular field monitoring,
· provided technical support and monitoring,
· training on agro-chemical use,
· distributed rice threshers to assist in post-harvest handling,
· conducted a joint radio show to educate farmers on.